11.02.2012

Follower Friday: Sour Cream Enchiladas

Happy Noevember!
How was your Halloween?
I'm already thinking about all the yummy things I want to make for Thanksgiving.  No lie.

So for today's Follower Friday we have....
SHALISHA
Shalisha is my ALL time favorite person in Logan, UT.
She was twin boys a few months older than my little boy.
Her and I think the same on practically every subject in life.
We both love food, dramatic TV series, and a good young adult book.
We were sisters in Heaven, I just know it!
She makes almost everything from scratch and bread all winter long.  She's my hero.
Enjoy her recipe!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hey everyone! I am so excited to be on Tiffs Blog. 
She is an amazing, loving friend and I dont know where or who I would be without her...
I cant wait to share this recipe with you all...
So I know that alot of you probably have a favorite recipe that your mom or dad used to make for you when you were growing up and when ever you make that recipe it makes you feel like being at home... well I have a couple but one of my all time favorites was SOUR CREAM ENCHILADAS so here it is...
Sour Cream Enchiladas
first off you will need the ingredients...

*1 cup of sour cream
*1 small (4oz) can of chopped green chilies
*1 (10.5oz) can of cream of chicken soup
*about 2 cups of mozzarella cheese
(or if you want you can use cheddar but I personally like the white stuff ;D)
*7 of your favorite flour tortillas (I personally like the kind you have to cook first)
* 2 small or 1 large chicken breast
* mushrooms (I like to use fresh mushrooms but you can use the canned)
*1 tsp garlic

ok now we make the food...
first I cook the chicken breast/s by chopping it/them into small pieces that i throw into a frying pan with a little olive oil and the garlic... cook on low until no longer pink...(sorry I didnt take of pic of the chicken :()

While the chicken is cooking whip together the sour cream, cream of chicken soup, & the green chillies
Then once the chicken is cooked and the sauce mixed, I start to put everything together (I almost forget this is when I preheat the oven to 350 degrees)


Put some chicken, mushrooms (until all gone), cheese and sauce (about 1 TBS) on to each tortilla...
Roll the tortillas like so
Place tortillas into a backing dish (I personally like my smaller dish better but if you want yours to be alittle more spread out and have a 9x13, then use it)
Spread the remaining sauce evenly over the top of your tortillas.
Add as much cheese on top as you want.
  Throw it into the oven for 45 mins.
After 45 mins it should come out golden brown on top with gooey cheesy yumminess inside.
Serve with rice and your favorite vegetable and ENJOY....

------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Shalisha!  Have a good weekend everyone! 

AND...are you following this blog yet?  
 Have you grabbed a button or badge for your blog?!

2 comments:

  1. These look yummy!! PS I'm totally thinking Thanksgiving food too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchiladas are the best and these look REALLY good!

    ReplyDelete