11.21.2012

Cheeseball

Have you been thinking about what yummy things you want to make for Thanksgiving and Christmas?  If you've made them already, you should take a picture!  And then send me the picture and recipe ;)  I'm anxiously awaiting all of your delicious recipes!  
Email: willtherebefoodthere@gmail.com

And I'll start posting ALL of them on December 1st.

BUT..I've decided I'll fill the next few weeks with some of my holiday favorites!!

Cheeseball is another one of those Merrifield traditions.  My mom always made an easy, basic cheeseball that her six children just devoured over Christmas break!  And here it is...

CHEESEBALL
(makes two)
2 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
2 cups of cheddar cheese
6 strips of bacon
optional: garlic and onion

Set cream cheese out to soften.  Fry bacon - nice and crispy!  Dice the bacon once it's cooled.  Combine soften cream cheese, bacon and cheddar cheese in a large bowl.  It takes a really good wooden spoon to stir it all together.  Roll into two separate balls.  Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for flavors to blend together.

NOW...my mom would have one regular cheeseball and then add a clove of crushed garlic and 2 T. of diced onions on another.  I LOVE garlic and onion.  But a lot of people don't so it's good to have one without.

Place on a beautiful plate, surround with all kinds of crackers.  Smother each cracker with a spoonful of cheeseball and...DEVOUR!

I'm taking this as an appetizer for Thanksgiving dinner. You should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment