I hope you're all enjoying the Christmas season. We can't get enough of my little town's festivities. Free Christmas concerts, Christmas movies at the library, lights strung up EVERYWHERE, and the list goes on and on. Enjoy this yummy recipe by Kim
I look forward to this time of year for many reasons, but fudge is definitely high on the list. As a teenager I remember making my mom's "Perfect Every Time Fudge" and it wasn't perfect every time. Its no secret I'm bad at baking, let's also add candy making to that list! But, when I found this fudge recipe last year I suddenly knew it was one I could do well. You can too.
3 ingredients. 3 minutes. That's it.
1-14 oz can sweet and condensed milk
1-14 oz package semi sweet chocolate chips
1-10 oz package Andes mint chips (in a bind I've used two 4.67 oz boxes of mints broken in half)
1. In a bowl combine the Chocolate and Andes mint chips
2. Add condensed milk and mix.
3. Microwave everything for three minutes. Stir till smooth. (Do not try to be smarter than the recipe and microwave it on low power for longer or stop and stir it every minute. Just hit three minutes and walk away--not too far away or it will cool again by the time you walk back)
4. Pour into a 9 x 9 pan for thick squares or a 9 x13 pan for thin squares
5. Let it cool on your counter and cover with a towel to keep it from drying out. Once cooled you can cover with plastic wrap or a lid.
You can garnish it before it cools with crushed peppermints but my husband has requested I not do that anymore. So I use green sprinkles to clue people in that this stuff is minty. Its not for everyone.
|Sorry about the quality of this picture! When I remembered to take one the party was in full swing and I had to snap it quick :)|