12.05.2012

Peanut Butter Blossoms

(I promise I have real food coming, but I just keep baking desserts!)

A Peanut Butter Blossom cookie, for me is the definition of Christmas time.  I'm sure people eat them other times of the year, but at my house growing up, my mom only made this at Christmas.  She would make a huge batch (2 bags of Hershey kisses) and freeze them.  All December long, we'd sneak (I'm sure it wasn't sneaking, but we like to think it was) into the freezer and practically break our teeth on a delicious frozen cookie.  Another cookie to add to your "Desserts to Make for Christmas".


Peanut Butter Blossoms
1 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
2/3 peanut butter
Cream together
2 eggs
Mix
3 1/2 cup flour
1 teas. salt
2 teas. baking soda
Mix
 
Roll into small balls, place onto greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Pull out the cookies and place a hershey kiss in the middle of each cookie.  Bake for another 2-3 minutes.  Cool on a rack.  (best when they're hot and the kiss melts in your mouth!)

1 comment: