9.14.2012

Follower Friday: Cinnamon Rolls

FOLLOWER FRIDAY!!!  
In case you are NEW, let me explain.  Every Friday I choose one of my followers to do a guest post.  That special follower gets to choose something to share - an entree, dessert, drink, ANYTHING - and tell us all about it.  (Are you following this blog yet?)  It's pretty exciting - maybe more for me?  I love to get new recipes.  And it's fun to have my friends/followers support this crazy food blog idea of mine :)

Today it's Lauren's day.  She made a personal request in a comment to do Follower Friday.  I can't resist requests. (so go ahead, ask away!)  Lauren and I go way back to when we were studying Special Education at BYU-Idaho.  (what, what?!)  We met in a WICKED hard class.  Our teacher was amazing, but it still didn't make the class any easier.  From the moment I met Lauren, she was someone I admired.  I remembered how vibrant and happy she always was. (and I'm sure still is)  I admired her ability to wake up before class to run!  I also admired how much time she took to understand the information in classes; something I struggled with.  She's now a mommy of two beautiful girls and still has the time to blog about them, bake yummy things with her girls, and RUN!  Her priorities are definitely in order.  Lauren it's all yours!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think cinnamon rolls are a breakfast food.  My husband thinks they are dessert.  So we compromise and eat them in the morning, noon and night.  What could be better? These are the EASIEST cinnamon rolls you will ever find.  And I swear they are fool proof.  If you are a beginner or seasoned cook these will soon be in your pile of favorites. The best thing about these cinnamon rolls is that after they are cooked and frosted, I individually wrap each one in plastic wrap and stick them in the freezer.  If we want one, we get it out, pop it in the microwave for a minute and we have an oven-fresh roll in seconds!  Hope you all enjoy! These are the BEST and most SIMPLE cinnamon rolls around!  I have loved making these for pre-wedding breakfasts, family, reunions, and for everyday.  
Cinnamon Rolls 
 You will need: 1/2 cup water (hot) 2 Tablespoons Yeast 8 cups flour 1/2 cup sugar 1 lb of butter (4 sticks) 2 cups milk (any kind) Filling: 1//4 cup butter 2 tsp. cinnamon 1/2 cup sugar Frosting: 1/2 cup butter 1 tsp vanilla Splash of milk 5-6 cups of powdered sugar 

1) Use a liquid measuring cup and measure out 1/2 cup hot water from the faucet.  Add 2 T yeast.  Stir slightly and set aside. 
2) Measure 5 cups of flour and the 1/2 cup of sugar into a mixing bowl.  

3)Add 1 pound of butter, room temperature.

4) Cut the butter (using a pastry blender or fork) into the flour and sugar.  You should get a crumbly texture.

5) Add 2 cups of milk and yeast mixture and mix till all your dough is moistened.

6) Add the remaining 3 cups of flour.  Mix till there is no dry flour mixture.
7) Transfer your dough to a greased bowl and cover with plastic.

8) Refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours.
9) Sprinkle a  little flour on the counter and divide the dough in half.  Roll it into a cylinder.

10) Use a rolling pin and roll it into a large square about 1/4 inch thick. 

11) Make mixture: 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tsp. cinnamon in one bowl.  Also melt 1/4 cup butter in a separate cup.
12) Spread 1 half of the melted butter evenly over the rectangle.  Then sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the melted butter.

13) Roll it up!

14) Cut it into 10-12 sliced with a knife (or floss!)

15) Place on a greased cookie sheet and press down on each piece.

16) Repeat with other half of dough.
17) Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes.  Let cool.  Then make frosting and enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

You should make these cinnamon rolls this weekend!
Thanks Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment