9.12.2012

Banana Bread

We love bananas in our house.  Cut up in cereal, smeared with peanut butter or just plain.  Sometimes I purposely buy them just to make banana bread.  I'm sure you have your favorite recipe.  I actually googled "banana bread recipe" when I couldn't get a hold of my Mom one time.  This was the recipe I chose first.  And...it's the greatest recipe of all time.  (probably due to the full cup of sugar!)

Banana Bread
(recipe from here)

3-4 ripe bananas
1/3 c. melted butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 cup flour

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease bread pan or fill 2 muffin pans with liners.  Smash the bananas and mix with melted butter.  Mix in sugar, egg and vanilla.  Sprinkle the soda and salt over the mixture.  Add the flour and mix.  Pour batter into desired pan.

Bread: 50-60 minutes
Muffins: 12-15 minutes
*And usually I add 1/2 c of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the batter.  
You should too.

So, set 3 bananas aside to get extra ripe!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm. . . saving this for next month when I can have sugar again!

    ReplyDelete