10.05.2012

The BEST Pumpkin Cookies

I'm REALLY excited about today's post!  My older sister, Rachelle is amazing.  She's creative, an avid runner, makes yummy and healthy food.  She's hilarious and happy.  I'm jealous of her photo taking, blog posting, and let's be honest, she's gorgeous. :)  So just trust me when I say...make these dang cookies and any other recipes on her blog.  Because they will be LEGENDARY! (reference, anyone?)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With temperatures falling and Halloween right around the corner all I can think about is cookies. Pumpkin cookies to be exact. This recipe is to die for! It's a bit different from the traditional pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe everyone makes. Don't get me wrong, I love those. But this one is a bit fancier I think with the frosting on top and these cookies will melt in your mouth! Be prepared to eat a lot. And have some milk close by.

Pumpkin Cookies with Penuche Frosting

1 c butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 c pumpkin
2 c flour
1 tsp b. powder
1 tsp. b. soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cream together butter and sugars. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix in egg and vanilla. Mix well and scrape down bowl again and then add your pumpkin. Give it a good mixin', scrape down bowl and then add your dry ingredients. Now mix it up until it is just combined. Don't overmix this.


Drop by spoonful on parchment lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 10 -12 min. My oven was more towards the 12 minutes time. They will be very soft, don't over bake. Let cookies cool.

While baking the rest of your cookies you can whip up the frosting.

Penuche Frosting:
6 Tbsp butter
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c milk
3 - 4 c powdered sugar

Mix butter and brown sugar on stove top. Bring to a boil and boil one minute. Take off stove and let cool for 10 minutes.


 Then add your milk right into the pan and stir it up real good. You might have to scrape the edges of the pan to get all that butter/sugar goodness. It will mix up smooth so just keep mixing. Then pour over your powdered sugar and give it a good stir so it looks like so.


Next frost your cookies!!

Take to a Halloween party, eat them all by yourself, or give them to a friend.
Happy October!

3 comments:

  1. I love all pumpkin cookies...and with that frosting?? My mouth is watering like crazy! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're addicted to How I Met Your Mother Aren't You? ;) ha ha. me too :) Ian loves pumpkin cookies, so I'll be needing to make these for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet, I've been looking for a different pumpkin cookie for all my sugar pumpkins in my garden!

    ReplyDelete