10.29.2012

AMAZING Pizza Sauce

 I had this obsession with wanting to make homemade pizza and trying to find the perfect recipe. 
Well I found it.  It was on my friend, Steph's blog.  Wanna hear a cool story?

She was my EFY counselor when I was 16.  She quickly became my role model and after EFY we kept in touch.  I went to her wedding reception, she came to mine.  She bought me Yahtzee.  Funny that I remember that?  Anyway, our friendship carries on.  And her pizza sauce recipe is only one of her many recipes I have fallen in love with.  Check out her blog.

Steph's AMAZING Pizza Sauce
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 1/2 c. water
1/3 c. olive oil
1/2 T garlic powder
1/2 T oregano
1/2 T. basil
1/2 T. rosemary
Salt and pepper to taste

 Mix paste, water, and olive oil well. Add the remaining spices.


 Mix well. Refrigerate in an tight container for several hours before using. It puts off a strong, yet yummy smell - so that's why I say use a tight container!


 It stays fresh in the fridge for about 3 weeks.  It will get thicker after it sits in the fridge.  Add a little olive oil and water to thin it down.  Plus if you don't use it all for pizza night, there are so many other ideas - pizza sandwiches, English muffin pizzas, etc.

1 comment:

  1. You're so sweet, I love that we've stayed friends too! And I agree with loving this recipe. I have a hard time eating other pizza's sometimes now because their sauces are all too tomatoe-y and bland. I love homemade food! Such a fun food blog you have here. I'm gonna have to give some of YOUR recipes a try!

    ReplyDelete