10.15.2012

Chicken Broccoli Alfredo

I wish my kids loved this as much as I did.  I made it last week and my toddler cried because it wasn't macaroni & cheese.  My baby picked at it and then said "more".  She wanted a different kind of food.  Dangit.
Regardless, my hubby and I love it.  Try it - maybe your kids will like it?
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo
2 chicken breasts
2-3 T of butter
1 clove of garlic
1 stalk of broccoli
1 jar of Alfredo sauce (you choice)
a package of fettuccine noodles
Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to taste

CHICKEN
Put butter into pan and turn to medium heat.  Crush garlic and begin sauteing in the butter.  Cut chicken into bite size pieces.  Put chicken into pan.  Salt and pepper.  Cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.  Stirring occasionally.  Once the chicken is lightly brown, add a few tablespoons of water.  Be sure to scrap all the butter off the bottom of the pan and mix it in with the water (helps with the flavor)  Add the jar of Alfredo sauce.  I like Ragu - Roasted Garlic Parmesan.  Simmer for a few minutes.

PASTA
Boil your pasta :)

BROCCOLI
Cut broccoli crowns off of the stalk.  It's better when they're in smaller pieces.  Place in a saucepan with 1/2 c. of water.  Bring the water to a boil, cover, and simmer on low for about 10 minutes.
Drain pasta and broccoli and combine everything into a large bowl.  Mix it up, add Parmesan cheese.
 Done! :)
I've never been able to make an Alfredo sauce from scratch that I like.  Do you have one?!  I would love to try it.  Send it to me @ willtherebefoodthere@gmail.com and I'll post it linking back to you!

2 comments:

  1. Alfredo is one of those things I love but try not to eat. I just pretend it doesn't exist! :) I did have a really good recipe for it, but I lost that cook book. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an olive garden knock-off recipe. It uses a stick of butter, and heavy whipping cream. Not very healthy, but I have adapted the recipe to a skinny version. I'll try and send it to you when I'm not sick. It's hidden in one of my cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete