10.03.2012

No Bake Cookies - don't laugh, just make them!

I had a request for more desserts.  I also was made aware by my cousin, Kristine that National Homemade Cookie Day was on October 1st!  Did you know that?  I hope you made cookies!  So in honor of those two things, we're making cookies today.

No Bake Cookies might be a no brainer, but oh my gosh they are the greatest combination ever!  I mean really, when's the last time you've made no bake cookies?  Make this recipe - which I've decided is the best.  Yes, there are a few variations of the no bake out there.  But the ratio and the brand of ingredients in this recipe...make it the best no bake cookie ever.

No Bake Cookies
1 stick of butter
2 cups of sugar
4 T. cocoa powder (Hershey's)
1/2 cup of milk
3 cups quick oats (MUST be quick!)
1 cup peanut butter (Jif all the way)
1 tsp. vanilla (I double it)

Combine butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and milk in a saucepan.  Stir over medium heat until it comes to a boil. (not just one or two little bubbles, but bubbles all the way around the pan) Start a timer for EXACTLY one minute.  The time is very important - so pay attention.  Remove the saucepan from the heat.  Pour in vanilla and peanut butter.  Once the peanut butter has melted, add the instant oats.  Scoop spoonfuls of cookie onto aluminum foil.  Let cool and enjoy!




8 comments:

  1. haha I laughed just reading the title! I was like why would I laugh....oh! haha you're funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story, I used to live with my cousins while I was student teaching in Salt Lake but every weekend I would go back to Provo to attend my BYU ward. When I came back Sunday night my cousin (who was 12) would always have made me no bake cookies. He thought they were my favorite. But they are so good, I probably rank them second to chocolate chip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl! I'm loving this blog!! But I can't believe you gave a link to my out-dated blog....now I'm going to have to update it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that was my plan...to get you to update it :) But really, if it wasn't for you, I would have NEVER known about cookie day!

      Delete
  4. We make no bake cookies often, but we use crunchy peanut butter, and shredded coconut. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes!!! Remember that 4th of July like 5 years ago when I came to your house and we partied with James and Kelley and everyone? You made these cookies that weekend. Do you remember? I have been craving them ever since. No joke!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember that? Well I mean I remember that awesome weekend - music videos and tanning by the pool :) But cookies...nope. I'm glad you remembered and love them! Now make them!

      Delete