8.30.2013

Follower Friday: Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

Remember how I love comfort food?  Well this dish that Candice makes is right down my alley of comfort food :) 
Candice is my cousin.  She's a year and a half younger than me but we might as well be twins.  We think a lot alike and everyone at college got us confused.  We loved that.  We got married within a few months of each other and our life goal would be to live next door to each other.  But I doubt I'm ever moving to Lund. :)  She's an amazing woman and mother.  And I wish we had more than Facetime.  Enjoy her recipe!


Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta

 
 
 
What you need:
 
 
16 oz. Penne Rigate Noodles
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 15 oz. bottles of Alfredo Sauce
1/2 c. apple juice
2/3 c. milk
4 tsp. olive oil
2 tsp. butter
1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup crumbled cooked bacon
3 chopped green onions (optional)
 
 
Heat to sizzling:
olive oil and butter 
Add:
4 boneless chick breasts, sliced and patted dry, sauté in oil & butter until tender season lightly with salt & pepper
 
 
Heat in saucepan:
Alfredo sauce
apple juice
milk
 
Add pasta and cooked chicken to sauce.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 pan. 
 

Top with:
mozzarella cheese
crumbled cooked bacon
green onions
 
 
 
Bake at 450 until heated through.  (Bake 10-15 minutes if sauce and chicken were hot before baking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment