8.31.2012

Follower Friday: Pork Chops, String Beans, and Red Potatoes

It's the second Follower Friday!
 
Today, my oldest sister, Adrienne is going to share a recipe.  
As the oldest of six children and mother of five, she has learned to be an awesome multi-tasker.  Every time I talk to her she's helping one of her kids with homework while folding laundry and vacuuming.  (It's true I tell you!) We're 11 years apart but we couldn't be closer.  She's constantly looking out for me by trying to find ways to encourage and support me.  And she is an amazing cook!  She subscribed to Rachel Ray's magazine for a year and always has a new recipe to share with me from Pinterest.  So she knows what's up!

Big sis, it's all yours!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goal is to be able to grow food and use it!  I freeze, can, and cut coupons as much as possible to feed my large family of mostly boys.  So this meal is made up of several items from my garden.

What You Need:
8 Pork chops
Lawry's Santa Fe Chili Marinade
1 lb of green beans (from my garden!) 
1 T of crushed garlic
3 T olive oil
handful of diced almonds
10-15 lg red potatoes (from my garden too!)
3-4 T butter
2-3 T parsley
salt and pepper to taste
 Marinade defrosted pork chops for 30 minutes.  (I threw them into a big pan and covered them with the 30 minute marinade.)  Then my husband grilled them until they were done! (not sure about time, my hubby does all the grilling!  Maybe 15-20 minutes?)

Cut red potatoes into bite size chunks.  Boil until fork tender.  Drain.  Add butter, parsley, salt and pepper.

In a cast iron pan, heat oil and crushed garlic.  Once garlic begins to smell, add green beans.  Saute beans for 5 minutes.  Throw in a handful of diced almonds.  Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.

Put it all together and you have yourself a delicious home cooked meal!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See!  Told ya she's good.  Enjoy!
And I hope you're following this blog - I know you want to share one of your favorite recipes too!

No comments:

Post a Comment